We are very much aware that our patients rely on us for their ongoing eyecare and this message is to reassure you that, as always, we will be here to take care of you through this very difficult time. We have official clarification that as a key service, opticians will be able to continue working normally in the coming months. We are therefore continuing to take all appointment bookings and of course following the same COVID protection protocols that have been in place for many months
How We’re Keeping you Safe
Please find below our procedures that we will be insisting on when visiting the practice.
- As we are operating strictly on an appointment only basis, please arrive at the practice 10 minutes before your appointment and no sooner. For patients using our car park in Cambridge, state your name at the gate’s buzzer and when parked wait in your car until a member of our team collects you. For patients arriving through the front of the practice, ring the doorbell and a member of the team will guide you from there.
- Hand sanitiser is mandatory on arrival and provided around the practice.
- Wear your own face mask when attending the appointment, however if this is not possible, inform a member of the team on arrival so one can be provided.
- Gloves are only allowed at the practice if it is for single use only. If you have travelled wearing a pair, these will not be permitted.
- Our optometrists will be testing eyes with recommended PPE and social distancing will be respected throughout the practice apart from when clinically required.
- Please attend the appointment alone unless it is essential for someone to accompany you. Children under the age of 16 will still need to be accompanied by one adult.
- For contact lens wearers, please still wear your contact lenses prior to the appointment. Patients wearing reusable contact lenses will need to bring their own case, whilst daily contact lens wearers will need to bring a spare pair with them.
- Do not enter the practice if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus being a high temperature, persistent cough and a change in taste or smell.