It is great news that some of the restrictions that have been affecting our daily lives are being lifted on 19th July 2021.
At DHThomas, we have strived in making our practices as safe as possible for our clients and our team and will continue to do so going forward.
For this reason, we will continue to operate under the same precautions that we are currently adhering to.
As a reminder, please find below the procedures that will remain when visiting the practice:
- As we are operating on an appointments only basis, please arrive at the practice 10 minutes before your appointment and no sooner. For patients using our car park in Cambridge, state your name at the gate’s buzzer and when parked wait in your car until a member of our team collects you. For patients arriving through the front of the practice, ring the doorbell and a member of the team will guide you from there.
- Hand sanitiser is mandatory on arrival and provided around the practice.
- Wear your own face mask when attending the appointment, however if this is not possible, inform a member of the team on arrival so one can be provided.
- Gloves are only allowed at the practice if it is for single use only. If you have travelled wearing a pair, these will not be permitted.
- Our optometrists will be testing eyes with recommended PPE and social distancing will be respected throughout the practice apart from when clinically required.
- Please attend the appointment alone unless it is essential for someone to accompany you. Children under the age of 16 will still need to be accompanied by one adult.
- For contact lens wearers, please still wear your contact lenses prior to the appointment. Patients wearing reusable contact lenses will need to bring their own case, whilst daily contact lens wearers will need to bring a spare pair with them.
- Do not enter the practice if you or any member of your household have any symptoms of Coronavirus being a high temperature, persistent cough and a change in taste or smell.
Due to high demand for our appointments, any cancellations, unattended appointments or rearrangements with less than 48 hours notice, will incur a £30 charge.
If you have any queries regarding this update, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Phil and the team at DHThomas.