DH Thomas practices remain open for eye care appointments
At DH Thomas we are committed to your eye care and your health. We believe it is essential to ensure the continuity of your eye care throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. In accordance with the government guidelines for key healthcare services, we are open for appointments during the third lockdown.
We understand that you might have concerns about visiting the practice during the pandemic. We assure you that we are taking every precaution and following strict guidelines to facilitate appointments in a safe environment.
Here is what we are doing at the DH Thomas practices:
- Optometrists and team members follow social distancing guidelines except when clinically required.
- Optometrists and team members wear recommended PPE, such as face masks, gloves and aprons.
- Equipment, glasses and anything to come in contact with the patient is sterilised before each appointment.
In addition, we ask that patients follow a comprehensive list of guidelines before, during and after their appointment:
- The practice is open for appointment only. Please arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- For patients using the car park in Cambridge, state your name at the gate’s buzzer. Please wait in your car until a member of our team collects you. For patients arriving through the front of the practice, ring the doorbell and a team member will collect you.
- Wear your own face mask when attending the appointment. If this is not possible, please inform a team member on arrival and one will be provided.
- The use of hand sanitiser is mandatory on arrival and provided throughout the practice.
- Single-use gloves are allowed in the practice, but travel gloves are not permitted.
- Please attend the appointment alone, unless it is essential for someone to accompany you. Children under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by one adult.
- For contact lens wearers, please wear your contact lenses to the appointment. Patients wearing reusable contact lenses need to bring their own case, whilst daily contact lens wearers will need to bring a spare pair.
- Do not enter the practice if you have symptoms of Coronavirus: high temperature, persistent cough and/or change in taste or smell.
If you have any additional queries or concerns do not hesitate to contact us:
Together we can ensure the safety of both patients and staff and provide the quality of care that is at the core of DH Thomas.